Suppress phantomjs console log in watir webdriver

image credit: phantomjs.org
TLDR

In this short post I will describe how different environment could produce different result for the same tool.

Phantomjs is full web stack that enables tester to run headless browser automation. I am using phantomjs on MacOS and linux, but never on Windows.

When I started browser automation using phantomjs on Windows 7, I noticed a lot of log activity in Windows Powershell console window. That log was not present on MacOS or Linux platform. Log presented phantomjs web activities, like dom manipulation and javascript execution. I could not see more important information, and that was test result!

By using google, I found this switch, here is gist for that:



What is important is that this switch is not supported by firefox web-driver. So be careful how you will use that switch in your script.

Labels: