Fallacy:: Speed up software delivery using software testing

Credit: hudsonwriting11.wordpress.com
Sometimes I stumble upon on the Internet on following pitch line created by XY software testing services company:
"If you hire us, we will help you to push your product faster to the market".
Something like that. Problem with that statement is the context. Those companies do not put context in which they believe that this statement is true. They would speed up software delivery compare to what: other software testing companies, current customer development process?

As I member of Association of Software Testing, AST, I follow their mission and objectives:

"""The Association for Software Testing (AST)  is an international non-profit professional association with members in over 50 countries. AST is dedicated and strives to build a testing community that views the role of testing as skilled, relevant, and essential to the production of faster, better, and less expensive software products. We value a scientific approach to developing and evaluating techniques, processes, and tools. We believe that a self-aware, self-critical attitude is essential to understanding and assessing the impact of new ideas on the practice of testing. """[source]

Faster software, not faster development process!


My opinion is that when some company hires software testers, software development process will take more time than without testers. For example, in sprint, you have to plan time for software testers to do their job. However, they can hire better software testers that  would add less time extension to software delivery, with probably better software product.

This week I put those facts openly out when I spoke with one of my potential clients. And guess what, they accepted this as a fact.

Of course, this is my opinion, and maybe I am wrong. I would like to here from you your side of the story.

Labels: ,