I am currently testing financial functions that return recordset. Here I would like to note the logical error that I made while I was writing rspec ruby test script. Because of the error, I had false positives. Test reported no errors, but function did not work properly!
My test strategy was rather simple. I have expected recordset and actual recordset returned by financial function. They had same number of records. Then I wrote something like this:
Problem with this check is that reports false positive (no errors), for case when actual has zero records.
So, you should compare recordsets in this way:
Labels: learn testing, testing tool