Report a bug well: add iPhone number feature

In previous post I described how to Externalize a bug on add iPhone number issue. We are almost
Mantis bug report fields. source: http://wiki.scribus.net/
finished with our RIMGEA bug analysis. What is left is to create bug report itself.

AST Bug Advocacy course teaches us that we must write bug report well, clear and dispassionate. We must:



For this bug report, (here is issue description) we will use following fields:
Summary: Missing send message icon

Report type: regression functional issue


Given that I am in All Contacts

When I touch blue + in upper right corner
And I touch add phone option
And I enter my mobile phone number: +385 92 1762 984
And I touch Done in upper right corner

Then number label is home by default
And there is no message icon
Can you reproduce the bug: yes, in iOS 7.1.2 and in iOS 7.0.3 simulator


Severity: medium

Priority: left blank

Component: iPhone add contact

Release number: iOS 7.1.2
Version (build) number: 11D257

Configuration: iPhone 4s with two keyboards, English (default) and Croatian. Language is English. Messages settings: iMessages: on, Send as SMS: on, Send And Receive: my mobile number, use my Apple ID for iMessages.

That is it. I tried to file the bug report to Apple bug reporter, but I constantly receive following error message.


Click on email message is not helpful, because I do not have configured email client on my laptop. Here is bugreportsupport@apple.com href content:





Testers feedback

I presented Externalize part of RIMGEA at Zagreb Software Testing Club meetup #15 First impression was that tester would need to spend a lot of time just for one bug report.
I explained that tester does not have to note whole RIMGEA process, it only needs to produce final report. Other parts could be written in testers mind. Especially when tester masters the RIMGEA process. But RIMGEA notes could be very helpful learning tool for junior testers and that time could be counted as part of mentoring process.

Now is time to practice and use RIMGEA in your daily work. Please provide your progress as comments to this post.

Labels: ,