Notes on slide set for BBST Foundations lecture 1: Overview and basic definitions.

Today I made a decision and acted on it. I become AST member (95 us$) and enrolled for October BBST Foundation class (125$). I am preparing for that class by reading and watching materials found on following link. In this blog post I will take notes on slide set for BBST Foundations lecture 1: Overview and basic definitions.

My first smile was when I red what typically ask black box and glass box tester (I left to blog reader to conclude which question belongs to which tester).
“Does this do what the users 
(human and software) expect?”
“Does this code do what the 

programmer expects or intends?”

Smile was because this is so simple explanation and I have never came to that explanation by myself. And dear Google, because of the first question, test is not dead.
We have testing approaches (e.g. glass box testing) and testing techniques (e.g. usability testing, dear reader, name any other testing technique).
Distinction between validation (are we building the right it?) and verification (was something implemented correctly?) is now clearer than ever before.
Function is system feature. Functional testing tests one or several features together, on system level. Why parafunctional instead of nonfunctional testing? Because of this: “all the nonfunctional tests are now working…”
Acceptance testing is between interested parties, wether we deliver (internal decision e.g. Google) or wether we accept (e.g. government vs contractor). Independent testing was also defined.
It is important to learn quiz questions and answer exactly what is asked, nothing more. During the quiz questions, candidate will learn new things. This is important tester skill. First challenge on horizon.

Labels: ,